Camping has become more popular over the past years. There are people who choose to do camping rather than go out of the country especially if they want to save money. Camping is not as primitive as it used to be but if you would like to do it, you still need the right equipment in order to enjoy your camping holiday.
The Different Types of Camping
In order to know what type of camping holiday you are going to do, you need to know the various types that you can enjoy.
Camping at the Campsite
This is the most common type of camping. This involves going to the campsite with all other campers. The best thing about this is you can meet other people and you can all share your supplies if the need arises. Some people do not like this because they feel that there are too many people in one campsite but those who facilitate camps usually limit the number of people who can enter the campsite so you will still have your own personal space.
If you want to do a harder type of camping, you can do wild camping. This means that you have to bring your tent with you as well as all the other items that you can fit inside your bag. Some people do not even bring food because they want to find their own food out in the wild. If you think that this is exciting, you may choose to do this.
This is the type of camping that you have to do before a festival, usually a music festival. You can always bring your different items with you inside your car but choosing the right spot for the campsite will be a bit complicated. You need to be there early to ensure that you will still have a good spot. There is no guarantee that the spot you will pick will not become crowded though. If you are not fond of wild crowds, you may look for another form of camping instead.
This is the type of camping that has become more popular over the past years. This involves sleeping in tents but the tents will be equipped with all of the amenities that will keep you comfortable inside the tent. Even the beds are comfortable. It can be a fun activity that you can share with your girlfriends or it may also be a romantic activity with your loved one.
Based on the types of camping that you have learned, which one are you most interested in?
Choosing The Right Tent
If you would choose to go glamping, you do not have to worry about bringing your tent with you because the tent will be provided. If you choose to do other types of camping, picking the right size is important.
When you buy a tent, you will be informed how many people can fit comfortably inside. You can fit more people but you may not be able to sleep well. Here are some of the factors that you need to consider:
- How many people are going to sleep inside the tent?
- How many items are you bringing with you?
- What are the camp limitations when it comes to the size of the tent that you can bring?
- Should you choose a tent that can be pitched or not?
- You have to know the materials of the tent. Quality materials will ensure that your tent will be useful and can protect you from various weather elements for a long time.
Choosing the right tent is only the first step before you go camping. There are still a lot of other things you need to consider but the tent may be one of the most important. Checkout more our Top 10 Best Camping Tents for 2 People up in 2020 Reviews
What to Bring to Your Camping Trip
To make the experience more memorable and comfortable, here are some of the items that you need to bring with you when you go camping:
- Campsite Gear – How are you going to sleep outside when you do not have the right items that will allow you to set up your tent properly?
- Sleeping Bags – You need one sleeping bag per camper although there are some sleeping bags that can fit more people, having one for each may be more comfortable for all of you. Find out more about Top 10 Best Camping Sleeping Bags in 2020 Reviews
- Items for Cooking – Even if you bring your raw bacon and your powdered eggs, you will not be able to cook them without the right cooking equipment. You do not have to bring elaborate ones. Simple cooking materials may be sufficient for your needs. If you know how to start fire, the items that you need to bring will be lessened considerably.
- Trash Bags – You should not leave your trash lying around. Having trash bags will allow you to segregate your wastes better and throw them appropriately at the designated areas or when you get home.
- Clothes – Some people repeat clothes when they are camping. What is important is you will bring all of the clothes that you need. If you are going to camp in a cold place, make sure that you have the right jacket. Have waterproof clothes if in case it rains while you are camping.
- Toiletries – It is true that you will probably not get a decent bath for a few days but you still need to have toiletries that will keep you looking presentable while you are camping. Do not forget to bring your insect repellent and your sunblock too.
- Other Items – If you want to make sure that you will not get lost while you are camping, you can have a map of the place that will help you navigate. Having a compass will be helpful as well.
Some Tips Before You Proceed with Camping
These are the things that you should not overlook before you proceed with camping:
- Make sure that you have all of the right gear with you. The gear also has to be in perfect condition otherwise it may break down during your trip.
- Remember to have fun no matter what the weather will be. If you are lucky, the weather is going to be clear and bright. You may even try to look for some constellations at night but if in case this is not possible; you can always look at the bright side. Rainy weather means you get to cuddle with your loved one more. It will also be an experience that you will never forget if you do not plan to go camping again afterwards.
- You have to know exactly what clothes you need to pack. Now is not the time to over pack. You truly need to know the right items you are going to bring with you. You need to wear something warm that will keep you comfortable while you are sleeping. You may also need socks if in case the weather becomes too cold. You need waterproof extra layers if in case it rains.
- Do not think that you should not camp because you can afford to stay in luxurious hotels. Camping can be a fun activity as long as you have the right mindset towards it. You shouldn’t think that those who go camping are only doing it because they do not have any money. On the contrary, they are doing it because they know that the experience is going to be different.
- Do not think about the things that you can do while you are camping. If you would think about the game console that you cannot bring with you for obvious reasons while you are camping, you will not gain any enjoyment from camping for sure. Now is now the right time for you to be negative. In fact, you should just think about the things that you can do so that you will enjoy yourself.
You can become more disciplined when you do camping. When you camp, you can focus on the things that you never paid attention to before. At home, you are always indoors and even when you are in the office, you do not have time to acknowledge the other things that are happening around you. When you are outdoors, you get to remember the reasons why life is good. You get to disconnect from all the negativity you may experience in your daily life.
- Have some things planned. This is important whether you are alone or when you are with someone. You need to plan where you are going, where you are going to stay and what you are going to do. Some people do camping just to take a breather from life, if you plan to do that, then do it.
- Pack the right food that you are going to eat. You do not want to end up starving while you are there. It is okay if you want to find the food you are going to eat from the wilderness but there is no guarantee that you will eat on time. Having the right food with you will at least keep you comfortable for a certain period of time.
Do you think that the things you have learned so far will be enough to help you enjoy your camping holiday? Remember to bring all of the items that you need and get rid of stress while you are out in the wilderness. It can be an amazing and fun experience.