As a parent, little is more important to you than the health and safety of your baby. An audio baby monitor is perfect for listening in on what’s going on in your little one’s room when you’re not right next to them.
What is the best audio baby monitor? Not all audio monitors are made equal. You must understand how they work to be able to select the one that works best for you and your baby’s needs.
- Analog: these are easily the most accessible and cheapest options for audio baby monitors. They transmit specific frequencies and are also susceptible to interference like radio stations. If your house is big, you might want another option as these don’t cover much distance.
- Digital: this type of audio monitor operates with encrypted frequencies and so has lesser interference when compared to analog monitors. However, an encrypted signal doesn’t rule out the problem of someone else hacking and listening in on yours.
- DECT digital: DECT or Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications is the best technology for audio baby monitors. This type eliminates interference to provide smooth sound and is more secure than the others. Ambient noises can be filtered out with DECT baby monitors.
Keep reading this post to compare seven top standard audio baby monitors you can purchase for you and your little one.
Recommended for you:
- Product Comparison – Top 7 Best Audio Baby Monitor Reviews
- Point of Interest
- VTech DM221-2 Audio Baby Monitor
- VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor
- Philips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor
- Philips Avent SCD570/10 Dect Baby Monitor
- VTech DM271-110 Audio Baby Monitor
- GoodBaby1 Portable Digital Audio Baby Monitor
- Philips Avent Dect Audio Baby Monitor SCD720/86
- BUYING GUIDE
- Final Verdict
Product Comparison – Top 7 Best Audio Baby Monitor Reviews
|No||Brand Name||Product Image||Best Feature||Rating|
|1||VTech DM221-2 Audio Baby Monitor||Two parent units||4.1|
|2||VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor||Warning sound when the connection is lost or battery is low||3.9|
|3||Philips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor||Eco-friendly mode for energy saving||4.1|
|4||Philips Avent SCD570/10 Dect Baby Monitor||Docking station for the parent unit||4.1|
|5||VTech DM271-110 Audio Baby Monitor||Glow-on-ceiling night light||4.1|
|6||GoodBaby1 Portable Digital Audio Baby Monitor||The battery can last up to 20 hours||3.6|
|7||Philips Avent Dect Audio Baby Monitor SCD720/86||Lullabies and night light to comfort your baby through the night||4.5|
Point of Interest
Raising a baby can be very time-consuming. Since these little humans are super vulnerable and need round the clock support, helpful devices like baby monitors can make your watch duty job much more manageable. No matter the different types of baby monitors available today with varied features and settings, they have one thing in common – that is, the ability to hear your baby from a distance. Here are some strong benefits a baby monitor will provide for you after purchase. With a good audio monitor, you can:
- Have rest of mind when you’re not with your baby: with an audio monitor, you no longer have to worry when you step out of the room or the house where your baby is laid down. You will have rest of mind because there is an excellent audio system tuned in to notify you when the baby needs you.
- Get productive when your baby is asleep: if you’re a new parent and you need to concentrate on getting some office work finished, or power through a dirty pile of dishes, the best time to do this is when your baby is asleep. Trying to multitask when you have to watch or carry your baby seriously reduces productivity. The best time to accomplish tasks is while your baby sleeps. When using an audio monitor, you can confidently focus on your chores because you know you’ll be alerted once your child needs your attention.
- Stay focused and alert: since it’s almost impossible for a parent to stand guard by their baby’s side every second of the day, an audio monitor is an excellent alert system for when the parent is absent. If your baby wakes up or starts crying for some reason, you are immediately made aware, and you can dash to their side straight away.
- Get better sleep for yourself: every new parent will tell you that getting a few hours of sleep in the early months after childbirth is as precious as gold. Although a video baby monitor allows you to watch your child, which is good, you cannot fully concentrate on some activities while watching your baby through a monitor. With an audio monitor, you can get some much-needed sleep in the comfort of your bed, not in the chair next to your baby’s crib., knowing you will hear your child when they need you.
VTech DM221-2 Audio Baby Monitor
This Digital Audio Baby Monitor provides DECT 6.0 transmission, which means the sound quality is crystal clear and glitch-free. This is precisely what you need from an audio monitor, especially in a big house.
This is a great monitor for listening to your baby to pick up when they need you around or start crying. It has an alternate use as it can serve as a monitor for elderly persons too. The talkback feature is especially useful, and the range provided is excellent for big houses. Having two parent units, instead of one means mum and dad can monitor from separate places.
- Two parent units with belt clips.
- One baby monitor.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Five level sound indicator.
- Evident and outstanding sound quality.
- Very portable.
- Offers amazing range.
- Has a problem staying linked.
- Depends heavily on AC connection.
- Discharges quickly.
This is a great baseline audio monitor. It is portable, clear, and easy to use. You might want to upgrade the battery strength and ensure your wi-fi connection is secure, so you don’t experience constant unlinking at night.
VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor
This is a super-economical audio monitor option from Vtech. It delivers all the fantastic features of a conventional baby monitor without a hefty price tag. It has different levels of sound indicator to ensure you can hear your baby clearly, no matter what you’re doing.
This is a very decent audio monitor for the price. Although it is AC powered, you can buy alkaline batteries and use these when you need to move around. The parent unit has a beneficial belt clip you can use to attach the unit to your pants while using your hands to do chores. The sound is loud and clear, so you can hear your baby clearly when they need you.
- Five level sound indicator.
- Requires alkaline batteries not included.
- One parent unit with belt clip.
- One baby unit.
- Super affordable.
- The belt clip on the parent unit is helpful when you need to move around.
- The beeping sound when the battery is low is beneficial.
- Catches static.
- Parent unit does not last long on alkaline batteries.
- The intermittent clicking sound is annoying.
This is a great money-saving audio monitor. It is very helpful that there is a clicking sound to indicate a low battery or lost connection. This way, you can reset the audio monitor back to optimal working conditions and hear your baby always.
Philips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor
This is a powerful monitor that lets you pick up high quality, uninterrupted sound very clearly from your baby’s room. It doesn’t have a talkback feature like some audio monitors, but you can use alkaline batteries in the parent unit and move around to get chores done while still enjoying the perfect sound quality.
This Digital Audio Baby Monitor reduces sound sensitivity when the room is quiet for some time. This is the superpower of the eco-friendly mode that saves energy. This is perfect for saving battery, so your audio monitor works for a longer time.
- One battery or AC powered parent unit.
- One baby unit.
- Has a comfort night light.
- Five level sound adjustments with LED indicators.
- Clear reception.
- Powerful signal.
- Power saving eco-friendly mode works well.
- No lag in audio transmission.
- Very lightweight so has problems standing upright.
- The highest sound is not loud enough.
If you want a baby monitor that does not glitch and delivers smooth, constant sound, this is an excellent pick. The transmission is encrypted and cannot be interfered with. Because the unit is super lightweight, keeping it in a standing position might be a challenge.
Philips Avent SCD570/10 Dect Baby Monitor
The Philips Avent SCD570/10 Dect Baby Monitor is an excellent choice for quality sound. You can monitor room temperature, enjoy motion detection alerts, talk back to your baby, and play lullabies for baby comfort over this powerful audio monitor.
This is a super-powered audio monitor that delivers almost unparalleled sound quality. The connection is very secure, resulting in a super clear transmission that you can rely on. The range is incredible, and you can trust the talkback feature to work even from outside your house.
- Private, secure connection.
- One parent unit with docking station.
- One baby monitor.
- Offers an excellent range.
- Secure, crystal clear connection.
- The night light is handy.
- Very easy to use.
- Parent unit can hardly work without connection to power.
- Doesn’t last long.
This is a great audio monitor for the sound and extra features like night vision, motion detection, and vibrating for warnings. The docking unit is very helpful. If you plan to use your audio monitor for a long time, you should consider purchasing a more durable unit. This unit begins to have serious battery issues after some months of use and becomes nearly useless afterward. The parent unit also gets weaker and needs to be continuously plugged into a power source.
VTech DM271-110 Audio Baby Monitor
This is another powerful audio monitor by Vtech that offers great features to watch your baby effectively.
This is a strong audio monitor packed with many special features. You can enjoy everything from motion detection alerts to stars on the ceiling from the night light. The sound is very clear, but sound sensitivity is low and requires the parent to be more attentive.
- Glow-on-ceiling night light projecting moon and starts.
- The parent unit has a belt clip.
- The night light is awesome.
- Battery life is good.
- Motion sensor alerts are helpful.
- Sound sensitivity is inadequate.
- The range is not so good.
This has to be the best audio monitor with power-packed features. The night light projects beautiful stars on the ceiling to amaze your baby and help them sleep well. Motion detection is very good to monitor the whereabouts of older children. The battery life is also very decent, but the sound sensitivity is quite low.
GoodBaby1 Portable Digital Audio Baby Monitor
This fantastic audio monitor can last up to 20 hours when appropriately charged. It delivers impressive audio quality and has an eco-friendly mode for power saving.
Although the parent unit is not portable and you cannot clip it conveniently on your belt, this unit delivers excellent sound quality and a good range so you can move around the house easily. The eco-friendly mode is very helpful. The parent unit can control night light and other features remotely.
- HD sound quality.
- Talkback feature.
- One parent and baby unit each.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Eco-friendly mode.
- Adjust baby unit remotely.
- Not durable.
- Terrible battery power.
This unit is quite economical for the features it packs, but it is not as durable as other models with the same powers. The battery also has to be replaced often, or it will not work well.
Philips Avent Dect Audio Baby Monitor SCD720/86
This is a power-packed audio monitor with lullabies and night light to comfort your baby through the night. The private connection offered by the DECT system is secure and glitch-free for reliable sound transmission.
The Philips Avent Dect Audio Baby Monitor SCD720/86 is an almost perfect audio monitor that gives off excellent sound quality and saves battery for longer. You can dock the parent unit for safekeeping. The range is very good. It monitors room temperature and displays this on the LED screen.
- One parent unit with a docking system.
- One baby unit.
- Eco-friendly mode.
- Very reliable monitor.
- Excellent audio quality.
- Lights are very bright.
This audio monitor is almost perfect. The audio quality is virtually unmatched, and the automatic eco-friendly system minimizes sound when things are quiet to save your battery and guarantee a longer life span for your audio monitor. The flashing LED lights are quite bright, but you can use tape to block them out, so your baby gets a good night’s sleep.
There are many reasonable options for audio baby monitors on the market. However, inexperience and lack of knowledge might hinder you from making a good choice.
What is the best audio baby monitor? How can you know the perfect choice for you? Here are some key features to look out for when you’re considering buying an audio monitor.
- Clarity: the quality of audio you get from an audio monitor is probably the most essential feature to look out for. You want sound clarity to be free from static, interference, and even ambient noise. The speaker quality, in combination with mic sensitivity, will help you tune an audio monitor correctly so you can filter out the noise.
- Volume: be sure the speakers and volumes on your chosen baby audio monitor can be adjusted. You will need varying volume intensities while carrying out different activities. You want the monitor to be loud enough when you’re using the blender and low enough when you’re quietly reading a book.
- Mic sensitivity: new babies don’t make so much noise when they cry or sleep. A toddler knows how loud to shout to get his parent’s attention, but a smaller baby will not. When you get an audio monitor with tunable mic sensitivity, you’re sure of a product you can use through the different stages of your baby’s growth. When you can adjust the mic sensitivity, you will confidently get some sleep, knowing you will hear your child clearly when they need you.
- Signal range: the range of connectivity the parent unit has with the baby unit is quite important. Choosing a monitor with an open-field span will provide ample range you might never exhaust. Make sure to select a monitor with a range that covers all areas of your house, including less frequently visited areas and backyards. This is especially important if you have a large house.
- Ease of use: figuring out how to use your audio monitor shouldn’t be rocket science. A good audio monitor will be straightforward and simple to use. If the system is extremely complicated, you might get annoyed or fed up and give it up entirely.
- Battery life: audio baby monitors either use a battery or are plugged into an outlet. Battery operated monitors are particularly useful when you have to get out of the house to complete some chores like mowing the lawn. A good monitor should provide a standby or eco-friendly mode to save battery power during inactivity. Monitors with rechargeable batteries are also very practical and economical.
- Extras: some baby audio monitors come with extra features like sound sensors, temperature sensors, motion sensors, lights, low battery indicators, and more. These features can make a huge difference in how you interact with your unit and how much help it provides in watching your child. After considering the crucial factors, throw in some of these helpful extras to make your experience more enjoyable.
If you just had a baby, you should consider investing in an excellent audio baby monitor to ease your babysitting duties. This is an excellent choice for parents who don’t want to miss out on their other duties while paying full attention to the needs of their children.
Go through our detailed post to select the ultimate audio monitor for you and your child’s comfort. Share this post with a friend of yours that will appreciate such a helpful tool for babysitting.
Leave a Reply