What is one of the things that piss you off when you are taking a bath? A lot of people become irritated when they see a lot of hair on their bathroom drain. As much as you want to stop your hair from falling, this is not something that you can avoid. In fact, hair is meant to fall off every day. You lose about 100 strands of hair every day and most of them fall when you bathe, so you should find the Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher for your bathroom.
Hair, as well as other debris, are known to cause some drainage with your bathroom’s drain. Do you actually want to spend money hiring some people to get rid of the clogging? It can be gross when the water stays put because it does not want to go down the drain due to the clogged hair.
Related “Best Shower Caps”
One thing that you can be thankful for is that there is numerous bathtub drain hair catcher available. This means that you do not have to worry too much about your drainage from clogging because you can easily get rid of the hair.
- Fact Sheet – Comparison Chart of Best Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher
- Point of Interest
- 1. HUANLEMAI 3pcs Shower Drain Stopper Plug Bathtub Cover
- 2. Umbra Starfish Drain Hair Catchers, Surf Blue
- 3. Stand-Up Shower Stall Drain Protector Hair Catcher-Strainer
- 4. Umbra Flex Drain Stop-Hair Catcher
- 5. Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher Strainer Snare
- 6. LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher-Strainer-Stainless Steel and Silicone
- 7. Stop-A-Clog Bathtub and Shower Drain Protectors
- 8. Danco 10306 Hair Catcher Bathroom Bathtub Strainer with Microban
- 9. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up and Regular Drains
- 10. Danco 10739 Hair Catcher Shower Drain Cover Replacement Baskets
- BUYING GUIDE
- Final Verdict
Fact Sheet – Comparison Chart of Best Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher
|No||Brand Name||Product Image||How to Clean||Item Weight||Best Feature|
|1||HUANLEMAI 3pcs Shower Drain Stopper Plug Bathtub Cover||Wash with warm water and mild soap||4.16 ounces||- Has deodorizer|
|2||Umbra Starfish Hair Catcher, Surf Blue||Warm water with mild soap. Can be wiped clean with a cloth from time to time.||1.6 ounces||- Stay in place|
|3||Stand-Up Shower Stall Drain Protector Hair Catcher-Strainer||Wipe with cloth or tissue.||0.8 ounces||- Catch all the hair|
|4||Umbra Flex Drain Stop-Hair Catcher||Rinse with mild soap||0.16 ounces||- Hair catcher and a drain stop|
|5||Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher-Strainer-Snare||Wipe with a clean cloth||0.48 ounces||- Fit all standard drains.|
|6||LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher-Strainer-Stainless Steel and Silicone||Just wipe clean||1.6 ounces||- Has elliptical holes|
|7||Stop-A-Clog Bathtub and Shower Drain Protectors||This is machine washable.||1.92 ounces||- Standard showers and drains.|
|8||Danco 10306 Hair Catcher Bathroom Bathtub Strainer with Microban||Easy cleaning just wipe with cloth.||0.8 ounces||- Easy to install|
|9||OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up and Regular Drains||Dry the drain protector before wiping and removing the hair.||3.04 ounces||- Both flat and pop-out drains.|
|10||Danco 10739 Hair Catcher Shower Drain Cover Replacement Baskets||Wipe clean with a paper towel.||1.6 ounces||- Three replacement blankets.|
Point of Interest
Why Do You Need Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher?
From the name itself, you can already guess what a bathtub drain hair catcher will do. It will protect your drain from getting clogged up. You can simply lift it up when you want to dispose of the debris that could have caused a blockage on your drain. There are a lot of households that are already using bathtub drain hair catcher so there is no reason why you should not start getting your own now.
1. HUANLEMAI 3pcs Shower Drain Stopper Plug Bathtub Cover
Are you worried about your bathroom’s drain but you do not know what to do? You can simply look for the right drain cover and prevent hair and other debris from clogging up your drain. This may be the product that you are searching for. This bath drain hair trap comes in cute colors too that can add a quirky touch to your usual tub.
- 2-in-1 Stopper and Strainer – You can use it to strain the hair and other debris from clogging your drains and it can stop water from going down the drain as well if you want to soak.
- PTR Silicone Material – This is a high quality material that is meant to be used for a long time.
- Non-Toxic – Whether you have children or pets at home, you need not worry about the materials used to create this product. This is not made with any toxic materials that may hurt you and your family.
- This can also be used for the kitchen sink and bathroom sink.
- This one works.
- It is very convenient to place.
- It might not fit all types of tubs.
- Some have tried to pop it in and it pops right back out.
There are different bathtub drain hair catchers available but this is one of the bath drain hair catchers that a lot of people like. It comes in threes so you can use one drain catcher for the different drains you have at home.
2. Umbra Starfish Drain Hair Catchers, Surf Blue
Do you want to keep your shower hair-free and clog-free? You need not worry anymore as this hair catcher will do the work for you. Who says you have to contact professionals to unclog your drain? You can do it on your own with the help of this product.
- Designed by Sung Wook Park – The ideal and unique design makes it the perfect addition to your tub so that it will not look boring. The blue color makes it look clean.
- Flexible Silicone – The materials used to make this product will ensure that it will stay put as you bathe.
- Prevents Drain Clogging Easily – With the use of this product, a clogged drain will not be your problem anymore.
- The decoration is very cute.
- It can hide a rusting drain easily.
- Collects hair effectively.
- The suction cup does not work as well as it should.
- It may slide around the tub when it gets wet.
There is no denying that the design of this drain catcher is very cute. It will be easy to appreciate and you will have no trouble placing this on your drain so that it can catch hair perfectly well.
3. Stand-Up Shower Stall Drain Protector Hair Catcher-Strainer
There are a lot of people who use drain cleaners in order to get rid of their clogged drains. Are you one of these people? Take note that these harmful chemicals can be harmful to the environment and also for people. You can use drain protectors instead that will prevent the clogging of your drainage without harming the environment.
- Simple and Elegant – There are so many drain catchers that all look quirky and fun but this is the perfect drain catcher-strainer for you if you want to keep your tub looking classy.
- Best for 2” Drain – The standard drain size is 2” and if you have this, then you are in luck. This is the perfect fit to prevent your hair from clogging the drain.
- Works for All Types of Hair – It does not matter what type of hair you would need to strain. This works on short hair, long hair, and even pet hair.
- This prevents not only hair but also other types of gunk.
- The drain catcher works well.
- You can place it in and not realize it is there.
- It might slip and fall in the drain and you have to get it out.
- It may rust after some time.
There are so many drain catchers that are available but a lot of people feel that this is one of the most effective ones. You may have to exert a bit of effort when cleaning it but otherwise it will be an amazing piece of item to have.
4. Umbra Flex Drain Stop-Hair Catcher
If you would like to have a playful drain catcher, this is one of the best ones to pick. This is very basic and simple and can fit well with the design of your bathroom well. Does it have all of the features you are searching for?
- Dual Functioning Hair Catcher and Drain Stop – It does not only stop hair from clogging your drains, but it can also stop water from going down the drain when you want to bathe properly.
- Easy Buttons – Just press the center button if you want the water to keep on flowing and push on the edges if you want it to retain water.
- Easy to Clean – Wiping this drain catcher will be enough to clean it so that it will be ready to be used next time.
- It looks great and stylish.
- It is practical and durable.
- Much easy to do the cleaning as it is not too rusty like any metal caddy.
- Some would find it as much versatile enough
- Lack of string to move the top shelf up and down.
This shower caddy is rustproof and would ease a lot of tension in caughting the hair out well with its good quality and look clean.
5. Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher Strainer Snare
You would like your hair to not clog the drains anymore but you honestly do not know how you are going to do that. Use this hair catcher and it will make a big difference. No need to worry about your overflowing septic tank anymore due to debris.
- Simple to Install – You simply need to place this on your drain so that it will prevent hair from causing some clogs. You can remove this every week to remove the hair that has gathered there.
- Simple to Clean – One of your pet peeves maybe cleaning the hair catcher/strainer. This is easy to clean. Just wipe it up with a paper towel and all of the hair and other debris will be removed.
- Fits 1.5” Drain – This fits a lot of drains especially when yours is 1.5”.
- No need for special installation.
- Works amazingly for human hair and the hair of pets.
- Not exposed.
- Some say that it does not go down deep enough.
- It may be hard to clean when the drain is wet.
There are a lot of drain catchers available but this product manages to stand out because of the various benefits you can get from it. If you have a 1.5” drain, this is the best one to use for your tub or other drains.
6. LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher-Strainer-Stainless Steel and Silicone
What is your main issue when searching for a drain catcher? Some say that they fear that their drain catcher will not work but another issue that people have with drain catchers is its ability to stay rustproof with continuous use. This is one of those drain catchers that will stay rust-proof for a long time.
- Designed with Elliptical Holes – This will make sure that it will effectively allow the water to pass through while stopping the hair.
- Smooth Drainage – This is due to the semi-circle design.
- Silicone Edge – This will prevent the foreign bodies from clogging.
- This makes you feel like you have a new drain.
- Catches hair nicely.
- The weight is perfect.
- Mold may form.
- It may bend when too much pressure is applied to it.
There are so many drain catchers that you will find online and this may not be the first one that you will notice but the fact that most people are happy with this tub hair drain catcher is enough proof that it works well.
7. Stop-A-Clog Bathtub and Shower Drain Protectors
This is known to be a hair-catcher that a lot of people rave about. This comes with convenient suction cups that will allow the drain catcher to stay in its proper position while you are bathing. No need to worry about it sliding from one area to another.
- Machine Washable – Where else can you see a drain protector that you can wash in your washing machine? This is very hard to do.
- Traps Hair – This can help prevent the drain from clogging.
- Comes in 2 Every Time You Purchase – This means that when you are unhappy with the first drain, you can just replace it.
- It’s easy to remove the hair from the stopper.
- It catches all the hair before the drain gets clogged.
- This can accommodate large drainage.
- This can get grimy because of hard water.
- This is not clear so you will know if it has been hit by water so many times.
This comes with a replacement part which makes it ideal if you plan to use it for a long time. This is best used for large tubs because it will have the ability to cover a large area.
8. Danco 10306 Hair Catcher Bathroom Bathtub Strainer with Microban
This is a drain stopper that will ensure that water will flow freely but will keep the hair out. You do not have to worry about clogging anymore and you do not need to contact the professionals often just to unclog your drain.
- Made out of Flexible PVC – This will make sure that this can be placed easily on your tub’s drain.
- Anti-microbial Protection – No need to worry about the appearance and the growth of bacteria that may occur when your drain is exposed to water and grime most of the time.
- Unique Finger Lift – This means that you can remove the drain stopper easily so that you can clean it.
- One of the best hair catchers in the market.
- This works as described.
- This can also work on covered drains.
- Some say that it is a bit hard to clean.
- It may be complicated if you do not know how to use it.
As long as you would read the instructions on how this shower hair catcher can be used, you do not have to worry about how you are going to use it.
9. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up and Regular Drains
This is one of the best products that you can use if you want something that will catch the hair without causing water to pool near the drain. This is made out of stainless steel so it will not rust easily even when it is exposed to water all the time.
- Drain Protector – This is meant to keep the drain cover in place.
- Stainless Steel and Silicone – These two materials used are made to create the perfect drain protector that can work for your drainage.
- Comes with Edges of Drain Protector – This will be in place so that hair will not get through and will not clog your drainage.
- It is easy to install.
- This works better than other drain catchers.
- Wiping away the grime is easy.
- Does not work for all drainage.
- Some say that this did not work for them.
A lot of people are happy with this drain catcher and there is a big possibility that you will be happy with it too. You can try it out and spread out the news so that this tub hair catcher can get the recognition it deserves.
10. Danco 10739 Hair Catcher Shower Drain Cover Replacement Baskets
Do you want to make sure that your bathtub drain will be free of debris and your hair? You do not have to worry about the hair of your other family members too. All of this debris will be stopped by this drain.
- Detachable Basket – This will ensure that you can clean up the basket easily especially since you need to do this once a week.
- Comes with Extra Baskets – If you find the original basket too filthy, you can easily remove it and replace it with a new basket that comes with the rest of the package.
- Stylish – The drain trim does not have to look bad. This stylish drain is something you would like to have in your bathtub drain.
- Easy to Clean
- It looks great.
- This is not universal.
- It will not fit some drains.
As long as you have a drain that will allow this drain catcher to fit, you do not have to worry about how well this works. Most people choose this as their drain catcher. Do you think that this will be the one that you will choose as well?
How to Choose Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher
There are different bathtub drain hair catchers to choose from. How can you possibly choose the one that will best fit your needs? These are some of the things that you ought to consider:
- Easy to Install – You would like to use something that you can easily place in your bathtub otherwise you need to contact a professional to do it for you. This will require you to spend more than what you have intended to pay.
- Price – There are different bathtub drain hair catchers available and some of them may be more expensive than others. Choose those that fit your current budget so you do not have to worry about spending too much.
- Easy to Clean – You would like to have a bathtub drain that you can just pop out of your normal drain to get rid of the debris that has gotten stuck. There are even times when you can just wipe away the debris.
- Reviews – How will you know if the drain catcher is effective or not? You need to check the reviews left by people online. If you see mostly negative reviews, check what made people give the rating that they have given. The more that you know about the different products, the easier it would be for you to decide which one you want to get the most.
Now that you know the various factors to consider in choosing bathtub drain hair catchers, it is time for you to get to know the different products available.
There are so many bathtub drain hair catchers available. In fact, it can be confusing to pick just one out of all the products that you can choose from. Some of them may work better than others. It will depend on what will best fit your bathtub and what you need. Always consider your preferences when making a choice. It is important that you are happy with the drain catcher you have chosen.
Leave a Reply