Leaving your electrical outlets uncovered in wet conditions could be disastrous. Apart from the real risk of electrocution, your whole power system could get totaled. And with these accidents come losses, sometimes irreparable. The only course to avoid damaging electrical mishaps is with a seal proof outlet cover. And don’t think just anything will do. Numerous options abound when it comes to selecting outdoor plug cover waterproof. But in reality, these choices offer nothing but inferior support. To avoid accidents and shorting of your electrical fittings, you need the very best outdoor protection. In this guide, you’ll be getting direct access to a wide range of facts on the best outdoor outlet covers. With such info, it becomes comfortable to make the most of your selection.
And that’s not all!
The ten options in this list got selected after much research through a massive collection of outlet covers. All you’ll get from this selection is proven to deliver you an increased level of protection. Even if you need a quick choice, this review has got you covered. With access to the comparison chart below, you can make a quick, hassle-free pick to guarantee better electrical protection!
- Best Outdoor Outlet Covers
- 1. SOCKiTBOX – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box
- 2. TayMac MM710C Outdoor Outlet Cover
- 3. Leviton 5981-UCL While-in-Use Cover for GFCI
- 4. Intermatic WP3100C Weatherproof Cover
- 5. Sealproof 2-Gang Weatherproof In-Use Outlet Cover
- 6. TayMac MM510C Single-Gang Horizontal/Vertical Weatherproof Receptacle Cover
- 7. TayMac MX3200 Single Gang Vertical Metal Weatherproof
- 8. Iron Forge Cable Weatherproof Extension Cord Connection Box Outdoor Outlet Cover
- 9. Journeyman-Pro 15A Weatherproof Outdoor Power Outlet cover
- 10. Cable Matters UL Listed 5-Pack Weather Resistant Duplex Wall Plate with Flip Covers
Best Outdoor Outlet Covers
- SOCKiTBOX – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box
- TayMac MM710C
- Leviton 5981-UCL While-in-Use Cover for GFCI
- Intermatic WP3100C Weatherproof Cover
- Sealproof 2-Gang Weatherproof In-Use Outlet Cover
- TayMac MM510C Single-Gang Horizontal/Vertical Weatherproof Receptacle Cover
- TayMac MX3200 Single Gang Vertical Metal Weatherproof
- Iron Forge Cable Weatherproof Extension Cord Connection Box
- Journeyman-Pro 15A Weatherproof Outdoor Power Outlet
- Cable Matters UL Listed 5-Pack Weather Resistant Duplex Wall Plate with Flip Covers
What Should You Consider Before Buying an Outdoor Outlet Cover?
- Auto-close flip: With an automatic close flip, it becomes better to max out protection for your fittings.
- Depth: Your cover’s depth is essential to make the most of weatherproof protection. Consider selecting a waterproof cover with depths ranging from 2.5” above.
- Configuration: Configurations on your preferred outlet cover make electrical fittings more comfortable to manage. While some options offer eight configurations, other massive choices are available. Some choices offer sixteen, twenty-four, and forty-five configurations.
- Flammability rating: You need to consider the flammability rating on your preferred outlet cover. Ensure you check the UL rating your cover comes with to assure protection against shorting and fire accidents.
- Waterproof ratings: The waterproof rating on your outlet cover has to get considered before making a final choice. That’s why you need to make the best choice possible to assure significant protection against external damage.
- Insert count: Inserts on outdoor outlet covers make sure you get the best protection against harsh, disruptive weather. Also, there’re several options with multiple inserts to deliver even better wetness protection.
- Leak-proof construct: Several storms could come crashing down wreaking havoc of all sorts. But if you need your outdoor fittings secure, consider getting a leak-proof outlet cover. And since there’re so many choices to check out right here, it’s a lot easier to make an excellent choice.
- Gang count: With more gangs on your outdoor outlet cover comes more connectivity potential. Consider selecting an outlet cover with multiple gang positions. But if you’ve got single outlets in mind, then a one-gang cover is an excellent option.
- Horizontal/vertical fit: There’re chances you’ll want to fit your outdoor connections in a horizontal or vertical pattern. But your choices are only as good as the outlet cover you select. With this in mind, you need
- Gauges: A range of gauges are available when it comes to indoor and outdoor electrical connections. That’s why you need to select an outdoor outlet cover with support for 10 – 14ga. wires. With this support, it becomes easier to achieve better moisture prevention and seamless outdoor connections.
- Moisture prevention: Wetness in any form doesn’t mix well with electricity. To avoid electrical accidents, your fittings need all the protection available. Consider selecting an outdoor outlet cover with tight-lock fittings to ensure significant moisture protection.
- Impact resistance: Having a decent impact protection on your selected outdoor outlet cover is indispensable. During a storm, flying debris could crack the inferior outlet covers wide open. To guarantee enhanced protection for your electrical fittings, you need an impact-resistant option. And since this collection has so many durable options, making a quick pick doesn’t come any better.
1. SOCKiTBOX – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box
When you’re keen on significant protection for your electrical fittings, this outlet cover has all you need. Consider making it your top pick for zero-hassling, sure weatherproof protection.
The IP55 waterproof rating on this connection box makes sure you get more from safeguarding your electrical fittings.
A durable silicone seal also makes sure all forms of moisture stays out of your electrical connections. Such a sturdy design gets, even more, boosts with integrated molding blocks and gasket.
- IP55 waterproof
- Indoor/outdoor design
- Plastic casing
- Silicone seal
- Polymer molding blocks and gasket
- Large size construction (four output channels and one input channel)
- Sells at an affordable price
- Comes with durable outlets for fitting several input and output connections
- Has decent support for significant weatherproof protection
- Wide design enhances splitting connections to enhance anti-shorting potential
- Ergonomic design makes it an excellent fit for indoor and outdoor use
- Quality control issues may impede the durability of some batches’ casing
- Doesn’t come with outstanding support for impact protection
After checking out the features on this unit, it’s sure to pick your fancy. Carefully consider making it your first choice.
2. TayMac MM710C Outdoor Outlet Cover
With a massive collection of features from this cover, all your outdoor electrical fittings are secure.
Full support for up to sixteen configurations makes this outlet cover a brilliant choice for easier connectivity.
Also, it comes with a paintable design, making seamless decoration more comfortable than ever.
- Multi-configuration weatherproof design
- Sixteen varying applications
- Vertical and horizontal build support
- Paintable design
- UV-resistant polycarbonate shell
- Built-in gasket and mount
- Comes with a shatterproof case
- The paintable design makes it an excellent fit for blending décor
- Ideal for outdoor and indoor use
- Provides excellent protection against harsh weather
- Corrosion-resistant polycarbonate material surface staves off shorting
- Doesn’t come with enhanced support for numerous outlets
- Plastic hinges may break off from incessant use
Safeguarding your outdoor electrical fittings becomes a lot easier with what this cover provides.
3. Leviton 5981-UCL While-in-Use Cover for GFCI
There’re lots of exceptional features from this cover. Carefully check out its specs. It could be the right to cover your outdoor electrical fittings need.
The clear outer casing on this waterproof cover assures an easier inspection of your outdoor fittings.
Also, it comes with a moisture protection build that makes sure wetness stays out of your power outlets.
- Horizontal and vertical configuration
- Moisture protection design
- Dual inserts
- Adapter plates for single and duplex openings
- Clear outer case
- Anti-moisture, debris, and insect covers
- Compliant with electrical codes for significant installation support
- Has decent support for a wide range of electrical fittings
- Comes with two inserts for easy fitting and better outlet protection
- Features the right support for horizontal and vertical fittings
- Sells at an amazing, affordable prices
- Doesn’t come with support for a wide range of inserts and compartments
- QA issues could impede outer shell’s long-term durability
When you closely consider the features of this outlet cover, picking is as your preferred buy becomes a lot easier.
4. Intermatic WP3100C Weatherproof Cover
When you’re searching for the best weatherproof cover with complete specs, this outlet cover has what you need.
The neoprene gasket and mounting slits on this cover make connecting waterproof outdoor fittings a sure thing.
Also, it comes with three inserts that guarantee better connectivity ease for more than a dozen configurations.
- UV-resistant polycarbonate cover
- Cold impact protection (up to –60°F)
- 1/8” neoprene gasket
- Mounting screw slits
- Trio inserts (allows up to sixteen configurations)
- – 14ga. Wire fitting
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Provides an excellent design for ergonomic, waterproof protection
- Comes with a secure neoprene gasket for side screw mounting
- More than a dozen configurations supported through multi-positioning design
- Sells at an affordable prices
- Small space may not be enough for many outlets
- Hinge design could fail after consistent, repeated use
With a massive collection of outstanding specs, this outlet cover has all you need for brilliant outdoor protection.
5. Sealproof 2-Gang Weatherproof In-Use Outlet Cover
In-use designs that work are hard to find when it comes to outlet covers. But with this pick, you can be sure of fantastic support for your electrical fittings.
The lockable design on this outlet cover guarantees enhanced support for anti-moisture protection.
Also, it is impressive 2.75” deep covering makes the chances of wetness seep-through very limited.
- 45 configuration support
- UV-resistant polycarbonate shell
- Lockable front case
- 75” deep
- Horizontal and vertical ganging support
- Receptacle protectors
- Can provide support for an outstanding collection of outdoor electrical outlets
- Receptacle protector assures significant anti-weatherproof security
- Comes with wide support for cable protection
- Seal-proof design enhances protection against shorting
- Wide, 40+ configuration support
- Doesn’t come with massive support for multiple electrical outlets
- Top hinges may fail in some defective options
With the massive collection of features from this outlet cover, achieving maxed-out protection for your fittings is possible.
6. TayMac MM510C Single-Gang Horizontal/Vertical Weatherproof Receptacle Cover
If you need complete protection for your outdoor fittings through a receptacle, this is an excellent choice. And with the massive collection of features it comes with, you’re sure of outstanding quality.
The ultraviolet resistance this cover sports assures excellent overheating prevention for your connections.
Also, it comes with a paintable shell that assures enhanced decorative ease. It also features support for sixteen configurations, making easier connections possible.
- 75” deep
- UV-resistant polycarbonate shell
- Paintable shell
- Built-in mounting add-ons and gasket
- Sixteen configurations
- Lockable outer tab on clear casing
- Comes with a configuration for GFCI fittings
- Superb installation potential with keyhole mounting
- Supports universal fitting for multiple electrical fitting support
- Durability guaranteed with polycarbonate construct
- Has full support for vertical/horizontal mountings
- Single gang construct may not sit well with some buyers
- Hinging design may fail after long-term use
When it comes to making the most of protecting your outlets, this cover should be among your top choices. Its long-lasting features guarantee sustained security for your electrical fittings and prevent mishaps.
7. TayMac MX3200 Single Gang Vertical Metal Weatherproof
Top-class weatherproofing is what this outlet cover offers. Consider making it your top choice when you need proper protection for your outdoor electrical fittings.
The metal casing this cover comes with provides unmatched durability for a wide range of fittings. Making the most of weatherproofing also receives a massive boost with two base-locking clamps.
The gray dust coating on this fitting also prevents any moisture from seeping into your electrical connections.
- Metal cover
- Single – gang, vertical construct
- Two locking clamps (base)
- Gray lacquer
- Gasket and mount included
- Eight configurations
- Supports easy installation through drilled fittings on wall mount
- Comes with a durable die-cast metal construct for sustained longevity
- Has full support for a wide range of electrical fittings
- Features gasket and mounting add-ons for a smooth setup
- Sells with an amazing price tag
- Doesn’t support up to sixteen configurations
- Some buyers may not fancy all-metal construction
If you’re keen on fantastic protection for your outdoor electrical fittings, this is an excellent fit. Its effective design makes sure your outlets never get exposed to weather damage.
8. Iron Forge Cable Weatherproof Extension Cord Connection Box Outdoor Outlet Cover
Assuring excellent weatherproof fittings on your property becomes a sure thing with this box. Keeping your outdoor electrical outlets in top shape doesn’t come any easier.
The design of this connection box makes it a brilliant fit for many settings. You can comfortably use it for indoor and outdoor electrical fittings with excellent results.
Also, it comes with a universal cable support to provide protection across cable gauges. Its outstanding water-resistant build also assures a better protective experience for your wires.
- Dry-lock design
- Outdoor/indoor use build
- Universal cable support
- Three-pack and safety locking flaps
- 8” X 3” X 3”
- Durable polymer casing significantly enhances longevity and weather protection
- Lightweight yet sturdy construct provides more security for your electrical connections
- Comes in a 3-pack to provide more value and deliver increased shielding capacity
- Casing resists dust, water, grime, debris, etc.
- Enhanced quality control for similar batch performance
- Doesn’t support multiple extension covers in one package
- Design may not be ideal for wall fittings and wide electrical outlets
With this unit, achieving smoother weatherproof protection for your fittings becomes comfortable. Its brilliant design ensures you get top-class, outdoor electrical connections without hassle.
9. Journeyman-Pro 15A Weatherproof Outdoor Power Outlet cover
With the massive collection of specs on this unit, maxing out your fittings’ protection becomes a sure thing.
The 20” fourteen gauge cord this unit comes with ensures better connectivity for outdoor and indoor outlets.
Also, it comes with a durable waterproof cap for easier inspection and moisture prevention.
- 20”, 14ga. extension cord
- Waterproof cover
- 15A socket
- 125V operation voltage
- Nylon shell
- Single gang construction
- Lifetime warranty assures significant support for increased value and better product performance
- Comes with a lengthy cord to enhance connectivity ease
- Durable weatherproof cover boosts protection from the elements
- Single gang construct makes one-line connections more comfortable
- Visual inspection ease guaranteed with polycarbonate terminal casings
- Costs a little more than some other options
- Doesn’t come with an enclosed design for more than one electrical fittings
When you make this outlet your preferred pick, easier linkup becomes a sure thing every time!
10. Cable Matters UL Listed 5-Pack Weather Resistant Duplex Wall Plate with Flip Covers
With an enhanced set of specs, this five-pack weatherproof flip cover set supports smooth outdoor electrical protection. Check out its features, it could be what your outdoor connections currently lack.
Five units from each order ensure you get more value for money. It also guarantees you more outdoor electrical fitting protection.
And with the UL94 flammability rating from this unit, you can be sure of enhanced support against fire accidents and shorting issues.
- Five-pack per order
- UL94 flammability rating
- Thermoplastic housing
- Insulation liner
- Integrated gasket
- Automatic close flip
- Low profile receptacle cover promotes easier access to electrical fittings
- Auto-close flip boosts protection against the elements
- Lifetime warranty assures value for money
- Smooth installation potential helps you make the most of connecting safe outdoor fittings
- Comes with an outstanding flammability rating to prevent shorting accidents
- Sells for a little more than other options
- Housing doesn’t support a wide range of configurations
There’s a lot this outlet cover has to offer. Consider making it your preferred choice without hassle.
Point of Interest
Why Should I Buy an Outdoor Outlet Cover?
Auto-close flips on many outlet covers provide outstanding security for your outdoor electrical fittings. Also, the profiles these shells take make weatherproofing comfier than ever.
Depth is another brilliant feature many outdoor outlet covers assure. With such depth comes a lesser chance of shorting from water seep-through.
Configurations support on many outlet covers promotes easier installation potential. In most options, your fittings get the right coverage regardless of its external shell.
Flammability ratings on many of these outlets’ casings also assure enhanced support for fire prevention. Such fire prevention keeps your investment intact without hassle.
Fantastic waterproof ratings also come with a range of outlet covers. And with such outlet covers come significant support for moisture prevention.
Inserts for anti-moisture protection also features on a wide range of outdoor outlet covers. And with the leak-proof construct from these covers, nothing unintended can get in.
Several wire gauges can comfortably fit through several outlet covers. With so many outlets come enhanced supports for better connectivity ease.
Impact resistance is a pivotal factor in many outdoor outlet covers. And with such impact prevention come increased support for long-term weatherproofing.
With everything from this piece so far, it’s a lot easier to assure a brilliant choice for outlet covers. But to make sure you get the most-satisfying pick, there’s still some more info you need to have. Making the most of your selection will be better off with this info for sure!
- The profile on many outdoor outlets covers guarantees sleeker protection against harsh elements. Such protection boosts accident prevention several notches higher.
- Most outdoor outlet covers offer impact-resistant shells to guarantee even more electrical fitting protection.
- Insulation on a wide range of outlet covers make sure no moisture seeps through onto your electrical connections
- Some outdoor outlet covers don’t come with double gang fittings
- Not all outlet covers provide full support for a wide range of configurations
- When you’re keen on securing your outdoor fittings, this collection has all the options you need and more!
- Providing outstanding support for your electrical fittings doesn’t come any better. And with the info in this guide, making a perfect choice is hassle-free every time!
Leave a Reply