Let us accept the fact that small accidents happen whether we are inside of our homes or at the office. It might be a small scrape on your knee, a cut on your finger or your needed medications, it is best to be prepared when unfortunate incidents happen and have a storage for your medicines and vitamins. Hospitals, clinics, and schools are required to have at least one emergency kit but as an ordinary citizen, it is smart to invest in a first aid box in your house and in your workplace. You can easily clean your wound or be reminded to take your daily dose when you have a decent size of First Aid Boxes in your home or worktable.
Recommended for you:
- Product Comparison – The 10 Best First Aid Boxes In 2020
- 1. Jssmst Medicine Lock Box – New Version First Aid Boxes Emergency Medicine Case
- 2. Glosen First Aid Box Lockable Medicine Box with Wall Mounted Function
- 3. WOLFBUSH Plastic Medicine Box Oversize 3-Tier Family Emergency Kit Storage Organizer
- 4. Everyfit First Aid Boxes Storage Box Family Medicine Cabinets Emergency Kit Storage Box
- 5. Dporticus First Aid Boxes Lockable First Aid Box Security Lock Medicine Storage Box
- 6. MyGift Clear Multi Trays Craft Supply Case First Aid Storage Container Boxes
- 7. Present Time Red with White Cross Metal Medicine Storage Box, Large
- 8. MyGift First Aid Boxes Clear Top Case Removable Tray & Handle, Family Emergency Kit
- 9. Creative Options 114-082 Molded Storage Craft Box with Lift-Out Tray, 13-inch
- 10. OSHA Class A Restaurant First Aid Boxes With Blue Bandages Plastic Box by MFASCO
- BUYING GUIDE
- Final Verdict
Product Comparison – The 10 Best First Aid Boxes In 2020
Point of Interest
What Should Be Inside Your First Aid Box?
Now that your first aid kit is on its way to your front doorstep, you will need to prepare the emergency supplies you will keep in it. Here is a list of items that should not be missing in your kit and a few reminders on how to properly store it.
- Keep it in a cool, dry place. Most of the prescription drugs and medical supplies should be kept in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. You could mount your first aid box on a bathroom wall (as this is the coolest room in a building) or keep it in a cabinet to preserve the effectivity of the medicine.
- Store plasters, gauze dressings, pieces of cotton, and bandages. Get all the available sizes and types of these bandages so you will be prepared for any wounds and scrapes in the future.
- Tweezers, scissors, and safety pins must also be included. One can easily pull a splinter using a pair of tweezers, cut a gauze pad into a size that will perfectly cover a wound, and a safety pin can securely hold a sling or bandage in place.
- Have a stash of cough medicine, paracetamols, loperamide, colds medicine, antihistamine, and ibuprofen for immediate medication. Include a thermometer too to check your temperature first before taking paracetamol.
- Personal medications. Keep your own medicines and vitamins in a first aid box for safekeeping and easy to locate.
A regular replacement of the supplies in a first aid box should also be considered to avoid ingesting expired drugs and using less effective medical supplies.
1. Jssmst Medicine Lock Box – New Version First Aid Boxes Emergency Medicine Case
Are you looking for a first aid box that can securely keep your special medications away from children? Then this must be the one you are looking for.
This first aid box is made of aluminum alloy that makes it durable and strong from bumps and falls. It has a safety lock with two keys that you can bring one with you all the time and the spare one will be left at home.
- The first aid box measures 15.35 inches in length, 9.05 inches in width, and 8.66 inches in height.
- It has a folding carrying handle and also includes a shoulder strap.
- The interior has 3 removable plastic trays.
- One can easily organize their medicine and supplies by size with its depth and size.
- The lock is strong and cannot be opened without the key.
- Smaller items can be placed in the trays so you can see them easily.
- Some received dented first aid boxes.
- A few say that the box emits a strong chemical smell.
This first aid box can be a good emergency kit at home and in your car. It can store solid and liquid medications without a doubt with its size. Rest assured that your kids cannot open and play with the medicines as long as it is locked and the keys are with you.
2. Glosen First Aid Box Lockable Medicine Box with Wall Mounted Function
Having more than 1 first aid box can be expensive and time-consuming to transfer all your medicine from your bathroom cabinet to a travel kit. Worry not, for you can mount, unmount, and carry this emergency kit around.
This medicine box has a carry strap and also mountable to a wall. It has a clear cover for you to be able to see your supplies without opening the kit.
- It has a safety lock feature with 2 keys included.
- There are five adjustable compartments.
- The first aid box is made of sturdy acrylic material.
- You can remove this from your bathroom wall and bring it with you when you travel.
- Supplies and medicines can be sorted out with ease by adjusting the compartments.
- It is lightweight even when full.
- It has limited space.
- The carry handle might not be as durable as the box.
If you are looking for a first aid box that you can bring anywhere with you, this is the right choice for you. It can hold a decent quantity of medical supplies in case you needed one.
3. WOLFBUSH Plastic Medicine Box Oversize 3-Tier Family Emergency Kit Storage Organizer
Do you have a lot of medicines and medical supplies that needed to be organized well? It might b better to look at this kit for this might be the one you are looking for.
This first aid box can handle all your medical supplies and can also be used as tools storage for your car items or sewing materials. This is made of plastic so this is not heavy to carry around.
- This measures 33 x 18 x 17.5 centimeters and a weight of 900 grams.
- It is made of eco-friendly and durable plastic.
- It can be secured with its wide lock catch.
- It is large enough to hold extra napkins, wipes, and bottles at the bottom.
- You can easily see the inside with its transparent cover.
- The lock does not fall off easily.
- The initial weight of this is heavier compared to other medical boxes.
- It does not have a lock-and-key security feature.
If you are searching for a multipurpose box, then this is the perfect one for you. You can store all your medical supplies in here and you would opt to get another one for your tools.
4. Everyfit First Aid Boxes Storage Box Family Medicine Cabinets Emergency Kit Storage Box
Do you want a first aid box that can be recognizable by everyone? Then, this is the emergency kit that you need.
This white with the red cross logo first aid box screams that it is an emergency kit. It has handles on top and on the sides allowing anyone carries it with ease.
- This is made of durable plastic.
- It has removable partitions.
- This particular product has dimensions of 39 x 27.7 x 22 centimeters.
- Anyone even kids can easily recognize this as a first aid box.
- It can be carried around with no sweat.
- You can fit large vials in it.
- Children can open it easily.
- The handles do not look durable.
If having no lock is not an issue, then get this first aid box for your home. You can teach your children on handling it properly and know its place when you will need to give a minor treatment.
5. Dporticus First Aid Boxes Lockable First Aid Box Security Lock Medicine Storage Box
You would want to purchase a first aid box that can handle drops, falls, and debris in case a disaster will happen to ensure you can treat anyone who will need one. This first aid box is recommended for the job.
This emergency box looks durable, can withstand hard impacts and will keep your glass bottles being shattered. It has a padded fabric interior for additional support to your medicines.
- This has a dual safety lock buckles with lock and key design.
- It has 3 removable plastic trays.
- This kit includes first aid items.
- The interior keeps the medicines and supplies dry.
- Children cannot open it easily even it is not locked.
- You do not only purchase a box but also the contents.
- Some received defective items such as the thermometer.
- A few did not like its heaviness.
This is a good choice especially when you do not have the time to shop for the medical supplies aside from your personal medications. Be confident that you own a durable first aid box.
6. MyGift Clear Multi Trays Craft Supply Case First Aid Storage Container Boxes
Are you searching for a box that can be your emergency kit and supply storage as well? Check this product out.
This storage box can be used as a first aid kit and a kit for your sewing, fishing, and hobby supplies. It has an ample amount of dividers perfect to any size of capsule bottles and medical stockpile.
- It measures 12.5 x 7 x 6 inches.
- This has a top handle and a lock click.
- It is made of transparent plastic.
- You can easily see the contents inside on all sides.
- The handle grip does not look cheap.
- It can be used as a first aid kit and on numerous hobbies.
- It does not close tightly.
- The plastic looks fragile.
This is best as a spare first aid kit in your car or office as this is lightweight and can hold a good number of supplies. You can then turn this into your hobby box when you purchase a new one.
7. Present Time Red with White Cross Metal Medicine Storage Box, Large
Nowadays, it is refreshing to see classic items in our modern world. If you are searching for vintage-looking first aid box, you will not need to check out other medical kits.
This classic first aid box looks like it just got out from the 60s era with its design. It is made of metal and painted red with a white cross for easy identification.
- This has dimensions of 12”x7”x7”.
- It is made of metal.
- This has a compartment and a removable tray.
- Its striking color makes it visible.
- This can be a great addition to showcase hospitals or clinics of the past.
- You can store all your medical supplies efficiently here.
- Its lifespan is shorter than of plastic especially when stored under sinks and on boats.
- This does not have a safety lock.
This first aid box will definitely look good and is visible even from a distance. If you are a fan of patina, then getting this splashed and having rust will never be a problem.
8. MyGift First Aid Boxes Clear Top Case Removable Tray & Handle, Family Emergency Kit
Are you looking for a first aid box that is simple yet does the job of keeping all your emergency treatment supplies? This might be the one you have been wanting for.
This first aid box looks small and handy that even children will be comfortable carrying it. This can be used to teach children the importance of having a first aid kit at an early age.
- This first aid box is 9.9 inches long and 5.7 inches in depth.
- It is made of clear plastic with a removable tray.
- It has a handle on top and a safety latch.
- It is lightweight yet durable.
- This can store a great number of first aid supplies despite its small size.
- Organizing medicine bottles and small items is a breeze.
- It cannot hold heavy bottles and capsule containers.
- Some are not satisfied with the size of the box.
If you have kids and want to introduce the value of having a first aid box, this will be the perfect one for them. It is small that can hold kid-friendly first aid supplies for them to use when they have a boo-boo.
9. Creative Options 114-082 Molded Storage Craft Box with Lift-Out Tray, 13-inch
Some people need a box that they can use as their first aid kit or a box to store their fishing lures or sewing materials. You might consider choosing this over other first aid boxes if you are looking for a multipurpose kit.
At first glance, you will notice that it does not have the red cross emblem anywhere around this box but medicines and bandages fit in its compartments. It has a large handle to allow you to carry it without hurting your fingers.
- This box measures 13 inches by 7.5 inches by 5 inches.
- It has a removable tray and a compartment under the lid.
- This is secured with a safety latch.
- The compartment under the lid lets you stash away band-aids, capsules, and small scissors.
- Its bottom compartment can fit a few bottles and ointment patches.
- The box itself is spacious and durable.
- The safety latch does not close well.
- Putting the removable tray in its place is a little bit challenging.
This could be a temporary first aid box when the first aid kit you originally use fails you. Instead, use it to store your arts and crafts supplies after using it as a backup first aid box.
10. OSHA Class A Restaurant First Aid Boxes With Blue Bandages Plastic Box by MFASCO
Do you own a small company and are looking for a first aid box that meets the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration? Look no further, for this is the emergency kit that you will need.
This first aid box might be the most portable in our list. It is slim, lightweight, and the kit contains bandages and first aid treatments. You will not need to purchase separate items to fill this emergency box in.
- This plastic kit has dimensions of 9.5 x 9.5 x 3 inches.
- It has a rubber seal on all sides.
- Bandages, burn care, and other first aid items are included.
- The rubber seal keeps away moisture and dust from entering the kit.
- You would not need to buy the initial supplies.
- This can fit in your dresser or under your car seat.
- It has no dividers or compartments.
- Large bottles might not fit in this.
If you are looking for a first aid box that meets the OSHA requirements, this is the best one for you. This will not take a lot of space in your worktable, your cabinets, and in your car.
You can turn any old box or used bag into a first aid box but that can be a tedious task and might not be as reliable as to those that you can readily buy online or in stores. Here are some things to look for when buying your first or a replacement first aid box.
- Size – Do you live with your family or friends? Or do you have a handful of medications and multivitamins? Consider the size of your first aid kit depending on the quantity you will put in it.
- Convenience – Are you searching for a first aid box that you can nail on your bathroom wall or a kit that will be placed on your desk? There are tons of first aid kits ranging from pocket-size to mountable boxes that will suit your needs.
- Material – Most first aid kits are made of high-quality plastic but there are also made of metal, nylon, and glass. Do you want to see your medications easily? Are you attracted to the classic red and white first aid kit? Worry not, for there are hundreds of first aid kits to choose from.
- Security – Even though first aid kits are used for immediate treatment of injuries, they should not be easily opened by kids to prevent them from mistakenly ingesting the medicines. You might need a first aid kit with a safety lock or can be easily opened by adults.
A first aid box is really a necessity nowadays in homes, offices, and even in your vehicle. It organizes your medicines and prepares you to treat minor injuries and ailments. You do not need to run or drive to the nearest drug store just because you do not have an Advil at home when you are having a headache. You will not need to call an ambulance when you cut your finger while filleting a fish just for a bandage. You can take your medications and vitamins on time as they are neatly organized in a first aid kit, saving you a lot of time searching every bag you have used. Your family will feel safer knowing that you can help reduce the severity of a body ache or an infection of a wound with your first aid box. It will also be a good practice to let the children know that it is not a toy but storage of giving remedies to minor injuries that they might experience in the future. Having a first aid box does not mean that you are prone to burns or wounds but it just shows that you are prepared to give immediate treatment to anyone who will need one.
Leave a Reply